***ADOPTED!*** CRUZ – Great Pyrenees/German Wirehaired Pointer – Male – 2-1/2 Y
Cruz was rescued by some very kind Samaritans out of a horrific situation where he was living 24/7 in his excrement. These wonderful folks have had him well over a month and have taken excellent care of Cruz and the RHS even helped get the boy groomed on Monday (thank you Paws & Reflect Pet Salon)! What a change in his life over the last several weeks!
Cruz looks like a smaller wolf hound but we have been assured that the breeds above are what make up his lineage! Weighing in at about 70 lbs.
Here is what we do know about Cruz:
- Super intelligent! Learned the dog door at his foster home quickly. Food motivated so very fun to train! Knows sit, drop it and come. Working with him in an e-collar with sound only to hone in some of his training.
- Very affectionate — is loving being a “real dog” and getting human attention!
- Great with other dogs — goes to the dog park a lot and is a “fan favorite” there! Unsure about cats.
- After having a seizure or two one evening, it was discovered that Cruz does have epilepsy. He is on Zonisamide and Phenobarbital which costs approximately $40/month. These are medications he will have to stay on the rest of his life! New owner will have to be dedicated about keeping up with this health issue.
- As with a lot of dogs who didn’t know when their next meal was coming, Cruz is a counter surfer and a garbage can diver so keeping an eye on what you have out is imperative!
Cruz is house broke, knows how to use a dog door, recently neutered, up to date on shots and now wonderfully groomed.
Share this post
- Status: AVAILABLE!
- Breed: Great Pyrenees/German Wirehaired Pointer
- Sex: Male
- Age: 2 1/2 Y
- Date: 12/29/20
I’m Ready To Adopt! – A fenced yard is required for dog adoption!Complete Online Dog Adoption Application
No adoption will be considered without BOTH of the below forms! (These forms are in a PDF format – it requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. If you do not have Acrobat Reader you can download it here.) The Rimrock Humane Society takes serious inquiries only. Please fax the completed forms to (406)-323-1863 or mail to: Rimrock Humane Society, P.O. Box 834, Roundup, MT 59072Dog Adoption Application Form Terms of Adoption For Dogs Form